Dear Valued Clients
As your accountant, if any of you are finding things difficult and needing some support we are here to help. In the first instance please email Melissa at email@example.com with your concerns and she will get back to you as soon as possible to assist with your individual needs.
We have the 2020 end of year coming up and a lot of clients have expressed their concern regarding payment of our accounting fees and pending taxes due.
Please do not stress about our fees or your tax position for 2020 year......As a firm we are going to support our clients as below...
For those of you that require to know your 2020 tax financial position and have provided information to us we will prepare your returns and tell you the results but will not invoice you or release your information to you or any other third parties until either you are in a position to pay or the 1st June (which gives you until 20th June to pay).
We wish you well and hope you all remain safe during this time. Don't forget we are to help so contact us if you are at all worried.
Please find below the information to help you in these uncertain times.
New Zealand's business support package
The Government has announced its business support package, noting it is one of the largest packages in the world on a per capita basis.
The $12.1 billion package includes:
- Initial $500 million boost for health
- $5.1 billion in wage subsidies for affected businesses in all sectors and regions, available from today. Businesses need to show a 30 percent decline in revenue for any month between January and June 2020 and applications can be made here.
- $126 million in COVID-19 leave and self-isolation support
- $2.8 billion income support package for our most vulnerable
- $100 million redeployment package
- $2.8 billion in business tax changes to free up cash flow
- $600 million initial aviation support package
For more detail on the business support package and Government factsheets, see here.
Staying well informed
Keeping reliably informed, understanding the symptoms of COVID-19, staying up to date with developments and making sure your business is as prepared as possible will help you and your clients make better decisions.
MBIE has collated some great resources for businesses here that we recommend reading through and bookmarking. This includes everything from health and travel guidance, to how to create a business continuity plan.